Your drug-free workplace initiative can be an invaluable tool in efforts to strengthen and protect your business and your employees from the hazards of alcohol and other drug misuse.
These six steps will help you build a customized program:
- Assess your workplace and its needs related to substance use.
- Identify available resources.
- Develop a written policy for your drug-free workplace.
- Determine whether to have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Determine whether to do drug testing.
- Plan to provide education and training for your employees and additional training for supervisors and other appropriate staff.